28 January 2020

Hunt goes on for terror suspects in France

KONFRONTASI - French special operations forces have been deployed in the country’s northeast to hunt down two of the suspects believed to have been behind the recent terrorist attack in Paris.

The security forces were deployed in the northern Aisne region on Thursday, where brothers Sharif and Said Kouachi were last spotted. Authorities say they found a car abandoned after being used by the two.

A report by AFP, citing sources in the police, said Thursday that the suspects were in l'Aisne department in northeastern France.

On Thursday morning, police raided a gas station upon receiving a call, but they failed to arrive on time. A third suspect surrendered to the police during a raid on a building in the northeastern city of Reims.

The three are believed to have carried out the assault on the headquarters of satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo's office in Paris on Wednesday, which left 12 people killed. The weekly is known for criticizing religions and ridiculing their teachings.

On Thursday, French President Francois Hollande ordered flags to fly at half-mast and a moment of silence to be observed in honor of the victims of the attack. Hollande said he fears the terrorists could strike again.

Earlier on Thursday, a policewoman was killed during a shooting in south Paris, although the police did not confirm any link between the incident and the deadly attack on Wednesday.

Police has intensified searches at the entries to the capital as the situation remains tense in the city and people are frightened that attacks could continue.[ptv]

Category: 

 GULIRKAN KE BAWAH UNTUK MELIHAT ARTIKEL LAINNYA  


Berita lainnya

loading...